Glossalalia Index du Forum
Glossalalia Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

[à REVOIR]The Path in the jungle

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Glossalalia Index du Forum -> Glossalalia -> Les textes
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Anonyme

MessagePosté le: Ven 2 Mai - 07:42 (2008)    Sujet du message: [à REVOIR]The Path in the jungle Répondre en citant

The path in the Jungle.

I'm on the way home. I thought it would be more difficult than that. I thought I wouldn't remember. But you know, a lot of people say that the unconscious keeps memory of everything. It seems to me that the walk I'm doing to go back home is instinctive. I let my feet do the work, not really thinking about what's happening. Well, that's how I've been working for more than 15 years now; doing things almost as if I was asleep. As I am walking, flashes from the day I did this walk in the opposite direction come to my mind. It was eighteen years ago. Or at least, I think so. Let's say it was a very long time ago. They told me that as I would go back, the memories of what happened would disappear little by little. And the ones from my previous life would probably go back. They told me it was time to go back. But I'm not so sure about that. I don't understand why I must leave the place where I belong, to go « back ». For me, I'm not going back home. I'm going to an unknown place. And I'm leaving my « home ». And even if I've always trusted them, I'm so afraid of what's gonna happen. Of what's happening. My mind is a mess right now and I feel like all my thoughts slide away before I have the time to catch them. I don't know what's in front of me, or what's waiting for me. Everything is just made of whys or what or how. The biggest question in my mind is about the meaning of all this. Why me? Why them? Why now? There must be some sort of explanation.
I am getting nearer to the village. I'm getting more and more nervous as well. I don't know if the people are going to react as they have predicted. They said that the people from my former family would recognise me. How could they? I've been gone 18 years. 18 years, in this village, is like half of a life. And what if those people do not recognise me or think I am some enemy? They could attack me. No! I must be stronger and more confident. They have never betrayed me. But maybe they make me do this because I did something wrong... I could have disappointed them without knowing. And now they don't want me anymore, so they send me away... Why am I so confused?
Now I hear some noise. I can hear people talking, and some animals too. I can feel the stillness of the village. Those people do absolutely not expect what is about to happen to them. I am even more scared than when they came to take me, those eighteen years ago. Because if they don't know what's gonna happen, I don’t either. Well, I know a little bit more than they do, but not much.
It is the middle of the night. I'm sleeping in the children's bedroom, with my sister. In my dream, I see some people, very vaguely, as in any other dream. They are standing in front of me and are making signs to tell me to come with them. At first, there is this strange feeling. Something between fear and peacefulness. I give a look at my sister. The vision I have is as if I was awake. She is fast asleep. I look back at the people. They're still there, calling me. So I decide to go with them. There is a kind of yellowish, pinkish aura around them all. I can smell something too. This is the perfume of exotic flowers, the ones we only find in the depth of the jungle. I've been in such a place only once in my life. I was with my father who had allowed me to go hunting with him. As I draw level with them, a young girl holds out her hand to me. I take it and they show me that we are going to leave. They turn back and start walking. I follow them with the young girl. We disappear into the jungle.
The path that links the village to the jungle appears in front of me. I stop a couple of seconds, take a deep breath. Then I venture on it. There are fewer trees on it. It is different. Although it is the same. I am going towards the village but I hear some noise behind me. I turn round and see only a little monkey playing in the trees. Then, as I am facing the village, a few metres away, I suddenly realise that everything is going to change. That everything is about to begin. Because everything has ended. But I try to keep in mind what they said. And I think that as I am about to meet my original family, I should be happier. So I put myself together, gather all the strength and courage I have and go further. I begin to perceive the shadows of the people. Then, I get passed the last line of trees that hid me from the village. I step outside the jungle, and see the people busy with their work. I stop there. Some people notice me and interrupt their tasks. They stare at me as if I was some kind of curiosity. Because I am. Little by little, they all stopp what they were doing and a heavy silence imposes itself on the village. This silence alarms the other people who were inside their houses. They begin to get out to see what’s happening. After about five minutes, the whole village is on the central square looking at me in silence. It almost sounds as if the animals themselves had stopped breathing!
We've been walking into the jungle for several hours now. But I am not tired. I am still holding the young girl's hand. Nobody has spoken a word yet. I am progressively becoming aware that I am actually not in a dream. Although the atmosphere is very strange and gives the impression that everything is wrapped in cotton, there is something that reminds me that it is reality. This is something that has to be felt, I can't explain or detail it. I am wondering if my sister is still sleeping. When my parents see that I'm not there, they are gonna get worried. I'm starting to feel guilty. As I’m absorbed in those thoughts, we suddenly stop walking. One of the women in the front of the group turns round to face me. She kneels in front of me so that our faces are at the same level. At first, I'm a bit scared because I'm wondering why she's doing that; I want to take a step back, but my legs won’t move. And then she smiles at me. A very nice smile that appeases me at once. Just by looking at her eyes, I feel a great comfort. It is as if she was talking to me, but not a word is spoken, her lips are immobile. Then, I look up, and everybody is looking at me, with a similar smile. At this precise moment, all my concerns about my family vanish. I smile back at them all. They all look at one another, the woman gets up, goes back at the head of the group and everybody starts off again. I have no idea of what's happening, except that I've never felt that way before.
I stay there in front of all these people. I haven’t said a word, of course. Neither have they. I am not moving. I’m just standing there, waiting. Not really sure about what I’m actually waiting for. And then it happens. A woman starts to come closer to me. She is looking at me as if she was examining the smallest detail of my face. I don’t move. I can’t. I feel like paralysed. After what seemed an eternity, the woman stares at me wide-eyed. Everybody is looking at us in wonder. Then she starts to cry. She rushes towards me and takes me in her arms. I am really surprised, but at the same time it seems natural to me. Probably because they had told me this would happen. The woman is crying while hugging me. She lets off of me after a long time. She takes me by the shoulders and looks at me straight into my eyes. And at this moment, I feel like something is piercing me right through the heart. I have flashes. I see a woman bending over me, with a big smile. It was the same woman, except that the one I have in front of me is older. She starts speaking to me. But I can't understand her. I can hear the sound of her voice, I can see her lips moving, but all I perceive are sounds. Nothing I could recognise. That’s not my language. I can say by her face that she is expecting an answer from me. But I don't know what to say. I decide to stay silent.
I don't know for how long we've been walking now. We've gone deeper and deeper into the jungle. I've never been so far. It looks magical, unreal. There are a lot of colours, of smells and of sounds that make this atmosphere even stranger and also make me feel even more comfortable. We finally stop somewhere. It looks as wild as all the way we've been through. But as the people seem to settle down, everything looks different. This place has been inhabited before! So that might be where they live. I'm standing in a corner, looking at all the people getting busy doing stuffs. I just realise that I'm starving. So I'm going to see the smiling woman and try to tell her that I want to eat. But I don't need to. She hands me a sort of bowl filled with fruits. I look at her in amazement, wondering how she knows what I'm thinking without me saying a word. She still has this smile. I smile back and go to sit on a stump to eat. When I'm finished, I look up, and I see that everybody is looking at me with a smile, with some tenderness in their eyes, as if I was some lost kitten. I blush. I can feel it. They go back to their occupations. I'm starting to feel a little bit bored, now. I don't know if I can help them or if I must stay where I am. A little girl comes to me. She shows me what the other children are doing. And I understand that I should go with them. They take the leaves that fell from the palm trees. I think we are going to build houses. It is like the time when I built a whole village for my doll, with my sister. We had only one doll, though, because my mum had not had enough cloth to make two. I realise that I'm thinking about my family, but I don't really miss them, not in the painful meaning, anyway. I wish they could see everything I see, and meet these people. But at the same time, I'm glad that all this is only for me.
The woman is showing me to all the people, saying something as she’s pointing at me. She looks a bit hysterical. But they had warned me about that, too. Everybody is looking very surprised by what she says. And they look at me even more intensely. And then, I see several faces lighting up. I do not feel at ease, receiving so much attention. But there is something reassuring with this woman. So I focus on her. Some people come to talk to me, but just like earlier, I cannot understand a word. They are insistent. The woman is looking at me, she can’t keep her eyes off of me. After what seems to me longer than eternity, she begins to tell people to back off and leave me. She takes me by the hand and takes me to what I assume to be her house. She makes me sit on a chair. And she gives me a cup of green tea. I drink it straight away. That has been a lot of emotion for such a short time! She has stopped talking to me. She probably understood that I can’t understand. When she wants to communicate, she makes signs. I do the same. She’s sitting in front of me, looking so happy. She didn't need to tell me who she was. I know. Not only because they had told me, but because I can feel it. And I know that my father and my little sister are coming soon. I wonder if they will recognise me as well. I think back about when I was on the way to this village. At that exact moment, it is not only a geographical distance that seems to separate this village from the place where I was before. There is so much more than that. It looks like two totally different worlds. And at that exact moment, I perfectly remember the first time I got over the border between those two worlds.
My father and my sister are back home, and find me sitting in the main room. My mother just looked at them, with tears in her eyes. My father sits down on the floor, crying, and my sister has exactly the same gestures as my mum had. After a while, my father comes and kisses me and hugs me. The night that follows, I cannot sleep. I am thinking about all that. The same questions come to my mind again and again. Why has this happened to me? What is the meaning of all that. And I have so many questions about all those things that happened in my other life... Then I think about that family I had just found again. The tears they cried when they saw me had been tears of joy, but they might have cried so much more tears of sadness the day I left them.
It's been a while since I've arrived now, and I've learned to know that family. The life in this place changes a lot to what I've been used to, but I'm beginning to get how it works. A lot of people come to me, but we don't speak, of course. The way of communicating we have is largely enough and there is no misunderstanding. But it is purely basic, only used when there is need of it. That's the difference with spoken language, we don't speak to say nothing. All this works well and I'm feeling good here.
And then, one night, as I was sleeping, I dreamt that I was walking on a path somewhere between the jungle and a village...
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 2 Mai - 07:42 (2008)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Elsa

MessagePosté le: Ven 2 Mai - 09:42 (2008)    Sujet du message: [à REVOIR]The Path in the jungle Répondre en citant

C'est un peu long, mais j'adore!
Une très jolie histoire, qui mériterait juste une mise en page pour la mettre en valeur (par exemple, mieux signifier les deux différentes narrations).

Une double + pour moi!
Alex

Féminin Taureau (20avr-20mai) 猪 Cochon

MessagePosté le: Ven 2 Mai - 09:52 (2008)    Sujet du message: [à REVOIR]The Path in the jungle Répondre en citant

C'est trop touffu pour moi. Elsa a raison, une meilleure mise en page mettrait plus en valeur le texte, et il en deviendrait plus agréable à lire.
Elsa

MessagePosté le: Mar 10 Juin - 11:11 (2008)    Sujet du message: [à REVOIR]The Path in the jungle Répondre en citant

Le comité qui s'est réuni dernièrement demande à l'auteur de ce poème de le reprendre.
Cause: Trop long. Et besoin d'une mise en page plus légère.
Elsa

MessagePosté le: Sam 10 Jan - 16:33 (2009)    Sujet du message: [à REVOIR]The Path in the jungle Répondre en citant

Si on trouve une solution pour ce texte, je serais ravie de le traduire (au moins en partie Smile)
Elsa

MessagePosté le: Sam 4 Avr - 10:09 (2009)    Sujet du message: [à REVOIR]The Path in the jungle Répondre en citant

J'ai terminé mon premier jet.
Manque plus qu'une relecture et ce sera bon Smile
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 14:09 (2018)    Sujet du message: [à REVOIR]The Path in the jungle

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Glossalalia Index du Forum -> Glossalalia -> Les textes Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | faire son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template zenGarden created by larme d'ange